This plot shows the Solar Activity Level for the past month. The observed or predicted activity level of a sunspot
region or of the sun as a whole is based on the number and strength of x-ray flares within a 24 hour period.
Classifications are as follows:
- Very Low - x-ray events less than C-class
- Low - C-class x-ray events
- Moderate - isolated (one to 4) M-class x-ray events
- High - several (5 or more) M-class x-ray events, or isolated (one to 4)
M5 or greater x-ray events
- Very High - several (5 or more) M5 or greater x-ray events
Overall space weather community and especially including HF communicators who are affected by X-ray flares (SWF).
Consensus & Forecaster opinion